Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sleeping Beauty Ballet Field Trip





We went on our first field trip today to the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center to see the ballet Sleeping Beauty. This is a free field trip put on by our county so we do not have chaperones. It’s an easy enough field trip because we ride the bus, sit down to watch the ballet, and ride back to school.
Image result for dr. phillips center for the performing arts
It was a hectic day! Our buses came to school late so we were late to the ballet. After walking up about seven flights of stairs to the top of the theatre we had to quietly sit down. The usher split up my class, so half of my class was sitting with me and the other half was on the other side of the theatre with another teacher. My students were very well behaved during the performance and I enjoyed watching the ballet as well once I stopped worrying about the other half of my class. It just panicked me to be separated even though I knew they were with another teacher and just watching the ballet. #crazyteacherproblems #mamabear

After the ballet we had to wait for everyone else in the theatre to exit first since we were at the top. My kids waited as patiently as second graders can wait. Then we got back on the bus to go back to school. It was a 20 minute drive but one of the buses got lost and it took them an hour to get back! 

Back at school we rushed off to a later lunch at 12:30. Then we had recess and took a math test. I know it seems mean to have a math test on a day of a field trip but that is just how the dates fell on the calendar. Taking the test tomorrow would just be a hot mess!


Now I’m off to kick up my feet and relax before another crazy day of school tomorrow! I'm so thankful for classroom volunteers tomorrow!


1 comment: