Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, May 14, 2011

100 Things

100 Things I LOVE about teaching:

I have been slacking in the blog department lately due to the madness of May. I graduated with my Masters in Reading last weekend which was a great milestone in my career. I also found out that due to rezoning I will not be teaching at my school next year since I'm on an annul contract. :( Now I'm on the hunt for a new job...which is stressful! So I thought in light of everything I need to reflect on what really important and what I really LOVE about teaching:

1. the children
2. back to school time of year
3. decorating my classroom
4. reading
5. hearing a kid sound out a word
6. hearing a kid use their reading strategies
7. seeing the lightbulb go off in their head
8. crayons
9. coloring
10. school supplies
11. hugs
12. flowers (weeds) my kids pick for me
13. smiles
14. colorful sticky notes
15. smart boards
16. calendars
17. recess
18. singing songs
19. children's books
20. summer
21. stamps
22. stickers
23. field trips
24. the dollar store and target dollar sot
25. new books
26. fun writing paper
27. notes from my students
28. when a child says "I love you"
29. when a child accidentally calls you "mommy"
30. lamination
31. new activities
32. getting new ideas from teachers
33. planning ahead
34. sharing writing and author's chair
35. bulletin boards
36. field day
37. the first day of school
38. sentence strips
39. holding hands
40. teacher appreciation week
41. children's art
42. white boards
43. sharpened pencils
44. colorful pens
45. teacher workdays
46. teacher blogs
47. labeling everything
48. rugs and pillows for the rom
49. morning meeting
50. Magic school bus videos
51. Daily 5/CAFE
52. centers
53. chimes
54. computers
55. my fellow teachers
56. getting a compliment
57. when a child says "I missed you" on Monday morning
58. guided reading tables
59. tye dye shirts
60. teachers bags
61. Scholastic
62. Lakeshore
63. grading papers so see how well my students did
64. holiday parties
65. laughing with my students
66. working in small groups
67. having a job that feels like a hobby and is a passion
68. games
69. notepads
70. instructional teaching books
71. folders
72. creating new activities
73. loose teeth
74. raised hands
75. new technology
76. baskets
77. clear storage
78. thank you notes
79. jokes
80. open house
81. meet the teacher
82. pre-planning
83. learning something new
84. when I see active engaged learning
85. when there are no behavior problems
86. greeting and goodbyes each day
87. supportive parents
88. encouraging colleagues
89. causal days at school
90. special assemblies
91. independent reading
92. lunch on the picnic tables
93. making a end of the year slideshow
94. neat handwriting
95. themed activities
96. playing music in the classroom
97. having my student full rapt attention
98. reflecting on a great day
99. having an awesome parent teacher conference
100. making a difference everyday

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! #67 is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your job situation. I am right there with you and it is hard. Know you are not alone. I loved reading this list. So much made me laugh out loud -- the flowers that are really weeds. I was on the playground this past week with some other teachers and the kids kept bringing flowers, another teacher was like "stop bringing me weeds!!"
    - Sydney
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your kind words! I have a few interviews lined up and should here by this Friday from the schools. I think this is actually a blessing in disguise for me! I'll update on Friday for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog & I am now a follower!


    awigginsworld@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete