Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Currently {November}




Currently:
Listening: To my wonderful hubby clean the kitchen. He made me breakfast this morning and then decided to clean up too. All while I’m cozied up on the couch blogging.

Loving; I’m loving this beautiful fall weather. Halloween night was wonderful. We didn’t sweat and the doors were opened in our house. Today is a bit cold 45 degrees and feels more like winter but tomorrow is going to be perfect just like Friday and Saturday. I love wearing pants and not sweating!

Thinking: I’m thinking of all the parent/teacher report card conferences I have this week. I have three tomorrow that I need to prepare for today. I have 15 conferences this week. 3 parents have yet to sign up after e-mails, notes, face-to-face talking, and phone calls. I don’t get it. Of course these are the parents I really need to conference with.

Wanting; I want to go to the mall today. We’ll see because this could be dangerous. I really want some new boots, booties, fall attire, and a new duvet cover.

Needing: I need to put all my grades on the computer. This is usually something I do Friday afternoon but since it was Halloween I came home right after work. I left in such a hurry I forgot to grab my graded work. We had a party at our house starting at 5 so I had that on my mind.

Reading: Adultery by Paulo Coelho
This is really not my typical kind of book to read. But I just joined a book club and this was the book they were reading. The book club meets on the first Wednesday of each month so we have our meeting this week. I think the book is depressing to read and wouldn’t recommend it to my friends. The book clubs previous books were all books I had read and enjoyed. That’s why I really wanted to be a part of this club. Have you ever had to read a book you didn’t enjoy for a book club?


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me that there are parts of this country where I would still be sweating! When we lived in Louisiana, I missed Fall soooooo much, and it's good to keep that perspective when everyone in Chicago is complaining about the cold. I mean, I'll complain too once it gets REALLY cold, but this is still beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard it already starting snowing in Chicago. That is a bit cold for this time of year. It is all in perspective though!

      Delete
  2. I'm headed to the mall today! My goal is to NOT spend money though! I'm definitely loving the fall weather too. We've had a pretty warm fall so far. Have a great week!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness- we had the hottest Halloween on record here in the UK- it was 21C! I think that would still be a little on the cold side for you guys in Florida though! There were books I had to read at Uni that were totally not my cup of tea so I totally sympathise- fingers crossed the next one is a more interesting read Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope the next one is more interesting. I'm having a hard time finishing this one.

      Delete
  4. I would love to be a part of a book club. I can never get my friends to commit to it. I am a huge book nut. I had had books I did not like and returned them to the library half read. We had a cold & rainy Halloween here in NY. I was in Florida for two years and I loved how it was warm on Halloween. I miss it! I have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to read too! That's why I joined this book club. I only know one person in the book club and the rest will be new. My friends would never commit either. I wish I could return this book..but feel I need to finish it for the book club. I love the warm weather most of the time in Florida but it is good to get some chilly weather for relief! Enjoy your week!

      Delete