Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Tuesday: Make Ahead Meals

 



I have to confess….I don’t cook. I’m sure I could if I really needed to but I don’t. My husband enjoys cooking and taking care of this household chore. He creates different meals each week but here are some of our go-to meals each week.

Go to meals:

Sunday; We have pasta. The sauce is homemade and gets made in bulk on the weekends. It is then put in mason jars and frozen for later use. It’s a family tradition to have pasta on Sunday nights.

Monday: We always eat a salad on Monday night. It’s lettuce, tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, peppers, and grilled chicken. The salad dressing changes but it is always a vinaigrette base. We have salad on Monday’s to start the week off healthy and clean.

Tuesday: We usually do Mexican food. This is tacos, rice bowl, or salad. Everything requires the same basic ingredients with turkey ground meat. The difference would be a soft tortilla, brown rice, or more lettuce for the salad. Super easy! I also love tacos and chipotle sauce.

Wednesday-Saturday is anything goes kind of day. My husband will make something from food that was fresh at the farmers market or on sale that week.




2 comments:

  1. I love how you have a consistent schedule for meals. We are always asking "What's for dinner?" at 6pm. Thanks for sharing!

    Danielle
    The Crescent City Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and ready! Consistency and planning on the weekends helps!

      Delete