Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 31, 2015

Teacher Week: Monday 5 Fun Facts


 



I’m Blog Hoppin this week for Teacher Week. This posts is a more personal look into my life. This is a great way to connect with other teacher bloggers out there.


Fun Fact One: I’m pregnant! I’m pregnant with our first child and due March 8, 2016. My husband, family, and I couldn’t be more excited to welcome a baby into our home. We’re overwhelmed with joy, excitement, worries, hopes, and dreams for our little one. Below is how I told my husband I was pregnant. 



Fun Fact Two: We are NOT finding out the gender of our baby. We want to keep it a surprise until delivery. We have told all our doctors, nurses, and ultra sound techs to make sure no one slips up. We’re taking bets….my husband thinks we’re having a girl. We're going gender neutral on it all but Pinterest is a huge help. This is one of my favorite nurseries. 



Fun Fact Three: We own our home in downtown Orlando. We have a little bungalow style home that was built in the 30’s and has since been renovated. I love our hard wood floors, glass doorknobs, and older features in our home. I love our neighborhood that is friendly with lots of big oak trees. Most people think of Orlando as Disney but there is a lot more to our city.

Fun Fact Four: This will be my 8th year teaching. I have always known that I wanted to be a teacher. In high school I worked with Kindergartens every morning for a teaching class I took as an elective. I also was a camp counselor at an overnight YMCA camp throughout high school. I always loved working with kids and making learning fun. I’ve taught Kindergarten (one year and several internships), 1st grade (6 years), and now 2nd grade for the first time. I had a junior internship in 2nd grade way back in my college days but the grade is mostly new to me. I am loving the change to second and have a wonderful class this year.

Fun Fact Five: I love making lists for everything from a to do list, lists of trips I want to take, lists of books I want to read, etc. I have lists on-going on my notes app on my phone and many notepads with lists in my classroom.


Here is a list of some of my favorite things:
My husband Rick: We’ve been married for 2 years.
My family: I have one brother, sister in law, and adorable one-year-old nephew.
Books: I’m in a book club with friends.
Eating:I’m in a dinner club with friends but I don’t cook. My husband is the chef in our house. I like to eat and entertain though.
Traveling: I love travelling to new places and try to make it to at least one new place a year. This summer we visited three islands in Hawaii, the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania, and New York City. 

Celebrating 2 years of marriage on Kauai. 


 Celebrating Christmas with my family. This was also the first time I met my nephew.



Hanging out with our family in Oahu where my brother and his family lived. They are now off to Naples, Italy. They are a Navy family.
Well I hope you feel you know a little bit more about me! Keep checking back all week for more of Teacher Week! 


8 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am a huge list person, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable family :) I love the way you told your husband you were expecting, and I had my babies before you could just get an ultrasound, you had to have a medical reason, so we didn't find out either. I love that nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy! Glad you stopped by to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww!! Congratulations!! So happy for you!!
    This is also my 8th year of teaching! And I love to travel too! I'm jealous about Hawaii... it's on my list of places to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hawaii is a magical place! I hope you get to visit someday!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your pregnancy! My 2nd was due on March 8th of 2014...he decided to make his appearance on Feb. 20th. We did not find out the gender of either of our babies, and I think it was one of the best decisions ever! I love, love, love the surprise. There is truly nothing like that moment when the doctor says, "It's a girl/boy!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I am slightly worried my little one will come early. I just hope they aren't born on the leap day this year! That's great to hear that you waited and loved the surprise. It makes me a little nervous not to know although I know it doesn't make a difference. I can't wait to meet our little one!

      Delete