Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 9, 2012

School's Out for SUMMER!

I totally fell off the face of blogging world. Sorry about that...I will be posting regularly over the summer you might even get sick of me! The past few months have been SO crazy! But I made it to the end of the year! Yeah! It was a fabulous ending to a wonderful year. I have so much to be thankful for I couldn't have asked for better students, volunteers, and families this year in my class. They showered me with extravagant gifts (very extravagant..I got a Tiffany's bracelet!) and truly showed me how much I was appreciated with all their sweet thank you' s. I'm staying in the same school which I absolutely love, with an awesome team, in the same grade level. I get to move (yes, I'm being positive about moving) to a beautiful (with lots of help this summer) new classroom with windows.

Thursday was the last day of school and I was so sad to see my little ones go it is always such a bittersweet day. Friday was a teacher workday where I got a lot of packing done. I worked from 7:30-5:00 and then had to call it quits when I slammed my head on a cabinet and got a nice lump on my head. I go back to work on Monday for my last official teacher work day where I will hopefully move to my new room. I say official because I'll be in over the summer as much as I can! I love using the summer to get my classroom organized and decorated before all the hustle and bustle of the beginning of the school year.


So here's a picture of what my packing looks like:


 I tried to do this in an organized way but everything does not fit in boxes and that is just more I have to unpack. So yes it looks a little like a mess but I promise I did actually get rid of some stuff!

Some of my library...I'm just carrying these books over in their bins. My kids nicely put away their books and help me reorganize everything so I don't want to pack everything away in boxes. As long as things are on a bookshelf or cabinet in the room it's okay so I'll be putting a lot there.

Last but not least this is a cute gift one of my students gave me and I can't wait to use it all next year! 


Three cheers for summer and time to finally regroup and get back to blogging! Hope all you lovely teachers are starting to enjoy your summer! 


5 comments:

  1. I love that pencil vase! Congrats in a great year.
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the "falling off the face of the blogging world" comment. I too have done that this year. Things just got so busy. I hope to do better! Glad you had a good year. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new room. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Summer Vacation Jess!! I am with you and Tonya--I've had such a hard time blogging with the end of the school year. We still have two weeks! But we will be off for awhile after that. Looking at your nicely packed up room made me really look forward to doing the same (hopefully). I look forward to catching up with you more this summer, enjoy the first days of your vacation :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute gift!! Happy Summer! I look forward to reading more of your blog! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Jess!!! Thanks for popping by and visiting:) Can't wait to see what you link up with next week:) Sorry you have another day:/ Almost done:)))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete