Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hurricane Ready Classroom & 2nd Week


My classroom is "hurricane ready" now according to the county because we have big plastic orange bags over our computers. It is so silly but they don't want any water leaks to get on the computer equipment so we had to do this to our computers Friday afternoon. 

Thankfully I don't think we'll have to worry to much about this hurricane because it isn't coming our way but I'm prepared just incase. You never know where they are going to turn and we'll be getting strong winds, storm effects, and potential tornados in the central Florida area. I'll have to review my tornado plan tomorrow just in case. I have to say though that the school is probably one of the safest places to be during a storm. It is a fairly new school and built with concrete blocks.

Tomorrow starts the 2nd week of school and I hope that my kids are finally getting into the routine of school and learning the ways of first graders! This week we will be focusing on the book Chrysanthemum, doing name activities, character development, continuing to work on read to self, starting work on writing, continuing with addition to 10, and reviewing our 5 senses. Here is to a great week hopefully filled with wonderful activities, little firsties, and no hurricanes! 

Hope your week is wonderful! 


4 comments:

  1. Hey, I had to do the same thing! Plus, roll up my carpet, move my LCD projector and Elmo to an interior classroom, unplug all my electronics, etc, etc, etc! The only good part is, we got a day off on Monday! Hope your weather isn't too bad!

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess!! I teach in Boca and am off again tomorrow!! Ugh!! I would much rather be teaching!! I just got my Kinders through a great first week!! Who knows what a mid-week start will hold!! Come check me out!! I would love a new follower!!
    Shannon
    fortheloveofkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me laugh out loud!! I live in Iowa and I am not sure of all this hurricane stuff!! Seems silly they would ONLY want you to protect the computers w/ bags?! Is that REALLY going to save it!! ha!

    Anywho, hope you guys get back to teaching soon!! To EARLY for days off already!! Hugs!

    Stay dry & Safe!
    Sarah
    shetrick@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make the correct choice with Online Assignment Experts and relax while our professional hands do it at affordable rates! Working round the clock with total dedication and commitment, we strive to deliver 100% satisfaction rate to our clients by providing services like CDR help, essay, report writing, Nursing assignment help and many more in a vast pool of subjects.

    Thus, from now on whenever I would require Online assignment help, I would knock the doors of the it assignment help experts of online assignment expert.

    ReplyDelete