Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Book Talk Tuesday {The Dot}





The book I'm talking about this Tuesday is a beautifully illustrated picture book The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds. It is about a girl named Vashti who thinks she can't draw and how she finds with encouragement from her teacher that anyone can. It's an important message of never giving up and spreading joy to others. She passes along her advice when a boy at the end of the story says he can't draw. I love how the story comes full circle and how she learns from the teacher. 

Click on the book to find the author's website with activities. 


A dot is just a dot until you sign it. Make your mark and see where is takes you!








2 comments:

  1. My first graders used to read this story. I loved the message and always got goose bumps when we read it! :)
    Miss King's Enchanted Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it! I love reading aloud and feel the message is wonderful and relatable to a primary age group.

      Delete