Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 9, 2015

Five for Friday!

We had a super week in second grade! Fall was in our classroom and in the air a little this week.

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

We wrote about pumpkins this week. My students’ writing came out great because they had so much background information from last weeks reading. We even starting writing paragraphs! We wrote about what pumpkins looked like, what pumpkins needed, and what pumpkins could be used for. Today they wrote out their final copies and decorated a pumpkin. I love how they look in our classroom and my students’ our proud to see their working in our room.


This week we worked on point of view in various books that we read. This was the anchor chart I made for point of view. I got the idea from Pinterest.


Today we read “I Need My Monster” as a fun Friday read! We wrote creepy words under the flaps and sequenced the story together. My students had so much fun reading this book and the activities. It was a favorite activity today and they were still excited about it this afternoon. This is from Rooted in Reading by Amy Lemons.





We have been working on related facts this week. We did this sort activity this week. I love using colorful paper! It makes their interactive notebooks look great! This is from Learning out Addition Strategies by Amy Lemons.



I thought I’d share with you how I send graded work home. I have green graded folders that I fill with graded work for the week. Every Friday I compile all their graded work in ABC order and put it in their folder. On Monday the folder goes home and they bring the folder back the next day. If they received a failing grade they have the week to redo the work and send back for partial credit. I like sending home the folders separately from other work to make sure parents are seeing their grades.




Hope you all have a beautiful fall weekend. We have big plans to pick out paint colors and paint the nursery this weekend! I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment