Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 26, 2011

Favorite Science Books


Science Week


It's science week at TBA and today's topic is favorite science books to use.

Well I couldn't just pick one book so I picked a few from each of our units: 

Properties of Matter: This is great for young readers and has simple explanations for matter.

States of Matter: A Question and Answer Book (Questions and Answers: Physical Science)

Motion of Objects: I love the Let's Read and Find Science series of books. Force makes sense when you are comparing it to the playground. 
Forces Make Things Move (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)
Space: I love using this for writing. Steven Kellogg is a wonderful illustrated and this book is no exception.  The children fill in the prompt "If you decide to go to the moon..."

If You Decide To Go To The Moon (Booklist Editor's Choice. Books for Youth (Awards))

Life Cycles: I think these books best explain science concepts in language children understand but not dumbing it down for them. I also love the beautiful pictures in the books. 
From Caterpillar to Butterfly  (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 1)From Tadpole to Frog (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1)
How a Seed Grows (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 1)
Also for older readers this is the most humorous science book! This is truly a delightful read even for adults.
Science Verse

Check back this week for more science ideas! 

1 comment:

  1. I have seen "Science Verse" on another blog today. I'll have to check that one out! =)

    ReplyDelete