Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 23, 2011

New Year Resolution

I know what your thinking...new year resolution are usually done in January. Teachers on the other hand think of the "New Year" as the new school year. There is nothing more exciting for teachers than the back to school time of the year when everything and everyone is fresh, ready to learn, and new!

Clutter-Free Classroom one of my favorite blogs is having a linky party set up to make resolutions for the upcoming school year. Here are my resolutions:

1. BE MORE ORGANIZED: Once I started blogging (March) I became much more organized in my classroom because of all the cute labels and ways to stay organized. I want to maintain very organized  throughout the year. This really includes my desk, papers, crafting supplies, and miscellaneous supplies that teachers gather. My first step to this is spending time right now carefully organizing everything in my classroom. I feel I'm off to a great start!



2. POETRY JOURNALS: When I taught Kindergarten, I was so good about keeping up with poetry journals but now that I'm in first I feel like I've fallen behind. I really want to incorporate it into my morning meeting and Daily 5. I feel like in the past I've gone through spurts where I implemented poetry but I want this to be ongoing.




3. CALENDAR BOOKS: I confess sometimes calendar can get a little boring! I need to spruce this time up and make it more meaningful through using a calendar book. I just feel like making calendar books is a lot of copies to run off and it might make calendar last too long. I have been looking in Cara's calendar book over at The First Grade Parade and has me convinced I need to bite the bullet and do this!


These are my current resolutions that I'm going to try to stick to for this new school year! I know that it will be slightly overwhelming at times being in a new school. I know trying to learn everything the way my new school does things will be a lot to take in at first so I'm only setting a few goals right now.



What are your new resolutions for the school year? Link up through Clutter-Free Classroom!

9 comments:

  1. Great resolutions!!

    Also, I'm your newest follower. Glad to have found your blog!

    Gena @ tekyteach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resolutions!

    I'm definitely wanting to be more organized this year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your resolutions but I just wanted to post a comment to let you know that one of your resolutions MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!! I have been looking and looking and LOOKING for Cara's calendar book (did I pin it in Pinterest? did I save in google docs? WhErE iS iT??!?!!?)... THANK YOU for helping me find it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm off to pin it now.... ;)

    Jenn O.
    Seriously Primary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the sweet comments ladies! If you click on the pictures of labels and Cara's calendar book it will take you straight to them! Thank you for being followers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck on your resolutions. As a math teacher I love to see all the amazing things primary teachers are doing with math. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have trouble with Poetry, too. I find it so difficult to be consistent with and am also going to make it a priority this year!

    Thanks,
    Keri
    Teach Play Smile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Several "resolutions" to start the school year:
    1) I've been working all summer on reading workshop so I'll be launching it when school starts
    2) I'll be teaching our gifted 2nd graders 30 minutes each day...plan fun and exciting lessons for them
    3) When my patience runs thin remember they are just little people and repeat Stay Calm Carry On!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog through the linky party. I'm now a follower!

    http://quenchyourfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to do poetry this year too! But it's my first year and I'm trying to convince myself that I don't have to do everything at once... baby steps. :)

    Marvelous Multiagers!

    ReplyDelete