1. I'm loving the new book I'm reading: The Outlander that was recommended by this fabulous new blog that is just full of book reviews.
2. I'm loving the hot chocolate that I'm about to have while reading my book. FYI-If you read my post last night the gym won first but I still had victory with hot chocolate afterwards. My nagging bf said we could not possibly miss the gym because it was cold outside because it isn't cold inside the gym. So we went and I grudgingly did my thing because I knew I'd have hot chocolate waiting for me.
3. Being back at school and getting back into the routine of everything! My students have been so wonderful and we've been getting so much done. They have loved doing snowy themed centers and are going crazy for patterns in math right now. Everything feels back in place at school which is great!
4. That this cold weather is not going to last!! It was 30 this morning and that is just too darn cold. I live in Florida for a reason-I do not like the cold! Sunny and 60 by tomorrow though! That's more like it!
5. That I'm only 1 follower away from having 300 followers! Amazing! I can't believe that many people want to read my ramblings about teaching. Thanks followers!
What I'm worried about.....
Oops I don't think this is supposed to be in here but oh well!
1. Destination College!!? I can not figure this professional development out! I have taken many online courses and for some reason I'm never able to upload or write discussions that save. Anyone use this at their school? I would be very grateful if you could give some advice. I've had no training at all in how to use this.
2. My observation in March. Yes, March....I know why dwell on things months away. I had to sign up today and by sign up really I had to see when my principal was avaiable. So my observation is on a Friday. We have a pre observation where we meet and I have to go over my lesson in detail as well as bring this 2 page pre observation form. Then I have my actually formal observation on Friday and I'm doing a 30 minute whole group lesson in reading. (Any spectacular ideas?! I actually have to follow my lesson plans/curriculum so it can't deviate that much from what the learning goal and reading strategy of the week is. I'll look up what it is and get a pool of ideas going.) After the observation I have a post observation the follow Monday...I'll have all weekend to stew over every little detail. At the post observation I have to bring my entire lesson plan book, data notebook, professional development plan, and 2 page post observation form. Whew I get tried just thinking about it! I'll have to be super organized and prepared for this! Is anyone else out there using this same iobservation format with Marzano? If so I'd love to hear your feedback!