I was inspired by Reagan over at Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits to make a Top 10 of my Winter Break. I am sure going to miss not getting out of my Pj's until the afternoon and doing whatever I want all day. To commemorate my lovely break here is my Top 10:
10. Going out to lunch with my friends. This is such a rare thing that happens because we have only 20 minutes for lunch and never go out. So this was a great treat and mostly paid for by gift certificates I got for Christmas.
9. Checking out blogs all day long and getting new teaching ideas. My January is going to fabulous!
8. Getting really good sleep and learning how to sleep in passed 8:00. Uh oh Tuesday morning is going to be rough!
7. Taking down all my Christmas decorations. :( It makes me so sad like unpacking from a long trip.
6. Working out every single of day of break except for Christmas Day! It's going to be A LOT harder to work out once school starts up again. Those little ones take so much energy out of me!
5. Catching up on my DVR and movies on Netflix. I just watched The Adjustment Bureau today and I love those lazy movie days.
4. Not having a wonderful social calendar filled with parties and things to do! All the parties are done with. No Christmas parties, family get togethers, New Years, seeing friends because people have vacation time. :/ Valentines Day is the next thing to look forward to and even though I have a love I can never get too excited about this holiday.
3. Not having to drive everyday. I hate to drive and I have around a 18 minute drive to work everyday. This means a lot of gas, tolls, and even though it wakes me up in the morning it seems soo long in the afternoon. On breaks I usually ride my bike places, get rides from friends (they understand my love/hate relationship with driving and know I'm awful so it makes it easier and safer for everyone), or my bf.
2. Waking up and doing whatever I want!
1. Spending so much time with my family, the boy, and friends.
I am looking forward to seeing my little ones again and filling their probably empty sugar filled heads with lots of new information! It will be nice to get back into a routine which will probably take a week. I've got a lot of great new centers for my students and even more that I will be creating soon too!